Since becoming a founding member of Frohsin & Barger in 2008, Elliott Walthall has focused his practice almost exclusively on representing whistleblowers in qui tam False Claims Act matters.
Elliott has prosecuted FCA fraud cases across the nation and involving allegations of fraud by U.S. Government contractors in diverse contexts, including the Medicare hospice benefit, the home health care benefit, ambulance transport, skilled nursing care, outpatient therapy services, durable medical equipment, and military contracts. Having prosecuted some 50 False Claims Act cases, Elliott and Frohsin & Barger have successfully obtained awards for whistleblower clients in several high-profile matters, including a $5 million settlement with Rural/Metro Ambulance Company; a $24.7 settlement with SouthernCare Hospice and; in 2014, a $150 million settlement with Amedisys, Inc., the largest FCA home health care settlement to date.
In other diverse experience, Elliott has argued before the Alabama Supreme Court, has successfully obtained a post-judgment acquittal in pro bono defense of a federal “honest services” wire fraud prosecution, and has won a seven-figure jury verdict in an embezzlement trial.
- Alabama Law Review Managing Board (Notes Editor)
- Yeta G. Samford III Memorial Scholarship
- Named “Top Attorney-Rising Star” by Birmingham Magazine (2012)
- Named “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers (2010; 2013-2016)
- 11 Cir. Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Middle, and Southern Districts of Alabama
- Pro Hac Vice in numerous federal courts across the nation